Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It is 4 am and I'm 5 months old. WAKE UP! and more short cute stories...

Mikey told me this morning if I ate a grapefruit it should give me energy for my day. Of course when he told me this, it was 7 am, I was awake but only had two sips of my coffee, or maybe it was three; and I just thought well when I get around to it, because the coffee of course should do the work...

well it's 2pm, and I've been awake since 4 am I drank all my coffee and I'm still pretty exhausted. My husbands voice is pretty loud in my mind right now.... I think I'll eat my grapefruit. :)

Nathaniel is 5months
Nathaniel has been a sleeper all night and an eater all day. He likes to nurse as frequent as possible and he loves his cereal; rice cereal, oatmeal, oats and fruits, it really doesn't matter what it is right now, as long as he's eating it. He is also a big fan of eating Anything he can possibly get his hands on. I caught him the other day eating my dirty socks! Yuck! I know. And the worse thing was he wouldn't let them go. He had this huge smile on his face like it was a game! So cute, if he knew what he was exactly doing, he wouldn't have been smiling.

Mikey and I believe though that Nathaniel could be going through another growth spurt, or practicing a new skill like crawling, because he is eating more and sleeping less, and he's moving himself to different parts of his bed while he sleeps. I wake up in the morning to go get him and wonder,how he got from here to there. He's our little silent crib ninja, because not even Niko hears him; and they sleep in the same room! He is also trying so hard to sit up by himself, but he is too interested in chewing on his socks that he topples forward. He observes Niko playing and desires so much to play along with him, he also keeps an eye out for Mikey and I, an observes the way we speak and how we eat. The other day I was drinking a glass of water while holding him with one arm. I closed my eyes because the water was so refreshing, before I could stop him he had grabbed the glass from me, and water fell all over my shirt..... good thing I was only at home, next time though I may need to wear a bib! Nathaniel has a goofy side to him, but he also has a serious quiet side to him. He has such a sweet personality. We are having a blast getting to know him and learning all about him, what a blessing he is to us!

Here are some pictures of Nathaniel at 5 months



























After you turn two years old, I believe that is when people stop counting in months. But if we were still counting in months than Niko would be 28 months old this weekend. I have this strange habit about telling people my sons age by always saying "Years old" at the end. It doesn't really matter for Niko because he is 2 years old and it makes sense to say "years old" at the end. When I talk about Nathaniel though, it doesn't make sense. I'll be saying stuff like " my son is a 5 month year old" people look at me and just smile. :) A friend of ours that was pregnant with her first child ,had a husband that would say stuff like " my wife is pregnant with her 5 month year old baby" than he would say, " I mean, my wife is turning 5 months with her pregnancy",after hearing all that, I didn't feel so bad..

Anyways, Niko is our 28 month year old ;) And he is a talker! I thought his Mommy and Daddy talked alot, but he talks way more. Here are a handful of things Niko does and says.....

Niko is potty training with the worlds class best racer Lightning Mc Queen! He is so far sitting, flushing and washing his hands! Stay tuned all year.. we may even get pee pee in the potty!



Niko is learning how to say Thank you. He doesn't say Thank you though, he says Thanks, but he says it like this, " rhocs mommy" I caught on after about the 5th time he said it. I felt bad, because it took so long to figure that one out. He says it everytime we give him something he wants. :)

Niko is starting to talk with more detail. He points to a picture and he'll describe the object, color, or shape. For example he says, "orange square" or he'll say "yellow truck"

For Christmas he got a bunch of toys, but there were a handful of toys he got and remembers who gave them to him. For example his Grammy and Papa Jerry gave him a huge ambulance truck for Christmas. Still to this day he'll point to his ambulance and say " AMBLAANCE, PAPA"

He is starting to really enjoy church and his friends at church, every Sunday he tells me " church? songs? friends??" He loves singing songs and dancing. The other day we were in his room dancing to Psalty songs on tape from his Mamaw and he picked his hands up in the air and said, " sing Jeshush" basically telling me, he's singing to Jesus. I've been teaching him about Jesus, and how he is God, and how God loves us so much! He listens but there are times he'll seem uninterested in the stories of Jesus. One day I was reading him a story about shapes, and the shape that he pointed out was a heart. He then put his fist on his heart. I asked him who is in his heart, and he said " Jesus". That put a big smile on my face!

Jesus is in the center of our hearts and life, we are so blessed. What a Beautiful Saviour we have.











We have tons of fun talking to Niko and deciphering all he says! He is such a blast at this age and he brings us so much joy!

oh by the way the grapefruit was delicious!