Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nathaniel is 4 months old!

Nathaniel turned four months this Sunday! He is now sleeping from 6:30pm to 6:30am! As long as I nurse him 6 times a day he'll sleep through the night. He also takes two long naps and maybe one short nap. His long naps are about 2 hours and his short naps are maybe an hour. This month he'll get to try baby cereal! He kinda acts like he's not full after he nurses so I'm really hoping the cereal will fill him up and help him feel satisfied after his meal. We have some left over rice cereal from Niko and some chewed up NUBY spoons that we were almost tempted in using again for Nathaniel, but no worries baby boy! We are going to buy you some new ones :) Just don't forget to check your stocking this Christmas!
Nathaniel, you are four months old, and yet you look and act as if you are about 6 months old. You giggle when I touch your neck,cheeks or tummy. Your giggle is contagious and your smile..... even on my hardest days you always bring a smile to my face. I can't help but stare at how adorable our Lord made you. You are one handsome little man! You love to sleep on your tummy. Well, you won't sleep unless you are on your tummy. You absolutely despise car rides. Although your optimistic Daddy says your starting to like them more. I think we're just getting use to hearing you cry Scream as we travel. Traveling in town for us takes about half an hour because we decided to live on the edge. Literally! But you are a trooper, and we are proud of you!
You are trying extremely hard to crawl, stand on your own, and talk! Oh! Did I mention, you are four months old? Last I checked Baby Center said you couldn't do that yet ;) You are a little man, trapped in a baby's body, but you're our baby, and we love you so much!! You like playing in your Pooh Station. I was shocked the first time we put you in, you started hitting the toys to make them move and observed Niko so well on how to make them move. You also made half a circle around the entire station standing up! It was fun to see! You also enjoy the Johnny Jumper! You like to chew the seat as you hang! You like for me to read you books, sing to you, and dance around with you. You are only four months old but I'm teaching you how to two step, waltz, and salsa, just like I have with Niko and your Daddy. As I dance with you though you try and tell me secrets, or chew on my ear... either way its adorable! You actually chew on anything and everything you can get your mouth to. You are still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room but I believe your ready for Niko's crib. Once Niko gets use to his Cars Toddler bed that crib will be yours. The story of this transition is for another day though :-) I love giving you a bath, you love the water! You just don't like the drying up stage too much. I don't have pictures of you in the bath tub yet, but no worries, I will make sure you have plenty :-) You manage to drool on things and through things.. these may be the only times I'll ever say this.... I think your drool is adorable! I have a nick name that I call you, it just has stuck and it came from me calling you my baby bean. I've combined Baby and Bean and I call you Bay-Ben. Your my Bay-Ben and Niko is my Goo! Your Mommy and Daddy call you silly names because we love you! We pray that you will someday realize how much our Father in Heaven loves you and knows you by name. Nathaniel, we are so blessed the Lord has given us you! Our sweet little baby man! We get a kick out of you! Here are some pictures of you at this stage!