We ran out of coffee this morning and I decided to eat enchiladas for breakfast.
The enchiladas that I made for dinner last night.
The enchiladas that aren't breakfast food because they're not enchiladas montadas, which simply are enchiladas with an egg on top.
The enchiladas that I made for dinner and ate for breakfast and have nothing to do with the fact that we had no coffee this morning.
I ate those for dinner and I ate them for breakfast and I shared my plate with Niko this morning. :-)
He actually tried them! He didn't taste,make a face, put them in his mouth and spit them out on my plate like he usually does.... he tried them, ate them, ate most of my plate and wanted more. I was shocked! Niko is 26 months old and is starting to try different foods and liking them. For a while there I was starting to get discouraged because he wouldn't really eat anything I made him... he would just stick to his usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich, pudding, and some fruits mainly apple sauce. For a moment there I was starting to think I was the worlds worst toddler cook ever.
Today I'm making a big pot of homemade beans and baking a chicken. Even though its 30 degrees outside right now, the heater has not turned on at all because I've had the oven on... the house is warm and smells like dinner is almost ready!
Earlier today though I had the raw chicken out after I gutted it and seasoned it and Niko came around the corner and asked me "what's that"??
I told him it was a chicken and I was getting it ready for dinner. He then said, "sleeping"?? He asked if the chicken was sleeping. It kinda looked like it was sleeping and then I felt sad for the chicken... it wasn't sleeping it was dead. I told him the chicken was dead and we were going to eat it for dinner.

I felt a little bad telling him that the chicken was dead, but it was the truth. I thought for sure he would look at it with sad eyes..

But then he said.... "some "?? As he put his hand out like he wanted me to put the chicken in his hand so he could eat it! I was relieved to know that Niko didn't think I was a chicken hater or anything..... and maybe just maybe he'll try some for dinner tonight :-)
The enchiladas that I made for dinner last night.
The enchiladas that aren't breakfast food because they're not enchiladas montadas, which simply are enchiladas with an egg on top.
The enchiladas that I made for dinner and ate for breakfast and have nothing to do with the fact that we had no coffee this morning.
I ate those for dinner and I ate them for breakfast and I shared my plate with Niko this morning. :-)
He actually tried them! He didn't taste,make a face, put them in his mouth and spit them out on my plate like he usually does.... he tried them, ate them, ate most of my plate and wanted more. I was shocked! Niko is 26 months old and is starting to try different foods and liking them. For a while there I was starting to get discouraged because he wouldn't really eat anything I made him... he would just stick to his usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich, pudding, and some fruits mainly apple sauce. For a moment there I was starting to think I was the worlds worst toddler cook ever.
Today I'm making a big pot of homemade beans and baking a chicken. Even though its 30 degrees outside right now, the heater has not turned on at all because I've had the oven on... the house is warm and smells like dinner is almost ready!
Earlier today though I had the raw chicken out after I gutted it and seasoned it and Niko came around the corner and asked me "what's that"??
I told him it was a chicken and I was getting it ready for dinner. He then said, "sleeping"?? He asked if the chicken was sleeping. It kinda looked like it was sleeping and then I felt sad for the chicken... it wasn't sleeping it was dead. I told him the chicken was dead and we were going to eat it for dinner.

I felt a little bad telling him that the chicken was dead, but it was the truth. I thought for sure he would look at it with sad eyes..

But then he said.... "some "?? As he put his hand out like he wanted me to put the chicken in his hand so he could eat it! I was relieved to know that Niko didn't think I was a chicken hater or anything..... and maybe just maybe he'll try some for dinner tonight :-)