Friday, November 11, 2011

Shapes

I slightly remember learning shapes when I was a young kid.. and to tell you the truth I believe I was already in Pre-k when I learned them. I have memories of the YWCA or YMCA my parents use to take me to when I was about two maybe three or younger. I remember a room full of kids going bonkers. I also remember being super shy as a kid. I know, I know... your probably thinking in your mind... Luana shy?? YEAH WHATEVER! But it's true, I was shy. I came out of my little Luana shell, I believe somewhere in 5th grade. I do also remember my Kindergarten days in Roberts Elementary. My Dad was a teacher there, and I went to school there pretty much all my Elementary years. I always felt as though I was better than any other kid there and nobody could mess with me because my Dad worked there. It wasn't until this one tall 6th grader girl had it out for me. I don't remember doing anything to offend her but one day she got a hold of me, flipped me over backwards, held me by my ankles and and shook me. (not funny) Okay yeah, maybe it was funny, but back then I was frightened by her. She reminded me of a giant Cabbage Patch kid, and I did everything to avoid her at school. So why share all these stories with you ? Well, as I'm raising my boys here at home, I'm remembering alot of my childhood. I told Mikey last night how passionate I am about teaching Niko new things. I LOVE teaching my boys!! I LOVE spending my days talking to them and spending time with them. I read Niko his Bible every morning and we do shapes together. I love that time with him. I see him grow and learn and it excites me sooo much!! All glory and praise goes to my Father in Heaven!  I am so thankful to have these days with my sons!

Here is a short clip of Niko working on his shapes. As he's putting them in the box, you may be able to hear him call the shape out. You are also going to hear his crazy mommy cheering him on as he gets the shapes in the box. I like making a party out of it! Here is the video: