We heard this weekend the story of the 1st Thanksgiving. I remember going to school and learning all about Thanksgiving. Although History wasn't my favorite subject growing up, now that I have two boys of my own, I desire to teach them the real story of Thanksgiving. I believe a story that is hard to find or maybe even not taught as much these days. I remember slightly learning a story about Pilgrims and Native Americans and turkey and a party where the Pilgrims thanked the Native Americans or Mother Earth. The story of Thanksgiving is so much more than just that! It is a beautiful story in which it was not an isolated event, or imitation, but uniquely inspired Christian celebration! It was the culmination of a long journey of faith in which the Pilgrims had relied on God and trusted Him through many adversities. Although the Pilgrims lost many of their family members, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters; they had so much to be thankful for- the shelters they had built, the successful harvest, their good relations with the Native Americans. I believe the Pilgrims taught us how to be thankful in all circumstances. They chose to celebrate God's goodness and continue to trust Him with their own lives challenges. A Bible verse that comes to mind is:
1 Thessalonians 5:18,
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you
We have so much to be thankful for! My desire is that we can have a heart of Thanksgiving always and everyday! Here are some pictures from Nathaniel's 1st Thanksgiving!! And a few pictures from our days leading up to it! Enjoy!
Grandparents are a blessing!
Grammy and Papa with Nathaniel
Grandma Susie, Niko, Nathaniel and Grandpa Danny "Pampa"
Grandma Susie "Mama"
Mamaw, Grandma Susie and Nathaniel
Grandma Donna "Grammy" and Nathaniel
Great Aunt "Tia Delia" and Nathaniel
Niko and Nathaniel's 2nd cousins Franky, Isaac, and Tashi
Turkey Time!
Niko and his cars
The Kitchen, a fun place to hangout for Thanksgiving!
Grandma Brenda "Mamaw", Nathaniel, Niko and their cousin Quist
Grandpa Jerry "Papa" and Nathaniel
Niko's little buddy Bella