Last month our friends from church Amanda and Bob threw Mikey and I a surprise baby shower during our Bible study! It was so sweet of them! Amanda made a cake and cupcakes and even this really neat diaper tower! We are so blessed with their friendship! Amanda will be due with her baby girl anytime now!! Here our some pictures of the surprise baby shower at their house!
My doctor told me this week that Nathaniel is still measuring big! I am 32 weeks pregnant but I'm measuring as if I am 34 weeks pregnant. I will be going in for a sonogram next Tuesday to see Nathaniel! So far this pregnancy has been a very healthy one! My blood pressure has been excellent and the baby is very healthy! As a matter of fact if I was to go into labor anytime now, doctor said Nathaniel is healthy and will do just great! So there is a chance Nathaniel could be born before August 25th! We'll see!! I'll keep you posted!
Last week our church had Vacation Bible School! (VBS) It was tons of fun! I was in charge of leading our snack crew and teaching! We made 400 snacks for all the kids and staff involved everyday! The preparation for this event was busy and at times I didn't think I was going to make it.. I think being on my last trimester pregnant and taking care of my toddler while doing this was why it was tough! But all to say! God really blessed me during this time! I had so much fun! Everyday the Lord gave me energy to be there early in the morning and I had so much joy being around all those kids! Niko had fun too! He had so much fun; that everyday we came home and took long naps to prepare for the next full day! Here our a few pictures that I took of the VBS decorations, and also pictures other people took of Niko and I, and also of Niko taking his nap after VBS :)
This Fathers Day we spent the day at Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Donna's house (Papa and Grammy)! It was also to celebrate all the June birthdays! For example ( Grandpa Jerry, Grandma Donna and Andrew). Niko had so much fun! He had all his grandparents there, plus his cousin Quist! He played with everyone and had a blast! It was a very fun day with the family! It brings Mikey and I so much joy to be able to have family gatherings like that where we can have both our families together! We are so blessed with families who love us so much and love each other too! Here our some pictures of Niko's cousin Quist and Niko playing!
This month our Niko will be turning 22 months!! Ah! I can't believe it! He's almost 2! Where is the time going?? Niko copies EVERYTHING we say now! He is starting to name colors he recognizes for example he knows the color orange, purple, and blue.. he almost has red and black down but not quite. I talk to him by describing everything to help him understand detail. For example instead of saying "look at the ball", I'll say " look at the orange basketball" He knows now how to say basketball, but is still learning how to distinguish the soccer-ball from the baseball and basketball. He says "ew" when his hands feel gross! He points to things on the floor and calls them bugs. If I say it is a bug he'll either try and kill it or he'll try and touch it! BOYS! lol! This week he learned how to blow his whistle he got for his baby shower! Its so cute to see him, I had to video tape it! Here is a short clip of Niko blowing his whistle:
Once again the video is sideways! I'm still trying to remember to turn my camera around... :)


















