My blood pressure has been fantastic for the entire pregnancy thus far! Yesterday it was 110/69 and I gained 3 lbs from my last appointment two weeks ago! This pregnancy I've gained a total of 30lbs! Which for me is pretty good, because with Niko I gained a total of 50lbs! I feel healthy and I thank God that I have been able to keep some energy stored up for my little man Niko! He keeps me on my toes even as I carry my other little big man Nathaniel in my belly! Because I had a c-section with Niko, I will have to have another c-section with Nathaniel to keep things on the safe side. I've said this before, I would've liked to have done a natural birth but I rather be safe than sorry. And personally I have already experienced a c-section and I know what to expect and it was really not too bad. So I'm happy doing a c-section again :) I told the doctor though that I have been having preterm labor symptoms and I wondered if I was dilating. She said even if I was dilating she will not perform a c-section until I'm in active labor and yelling for my epidural, especially because I am 34 weeks pregnant. So if I go into labor before August 25th, I'm safe and so is baby! If I don't go into labor before that date, I am scheduled to go into hospital to have my c-section on August 25th which is a Thursday! I personally do not want to wait that long, especially with the symptoms I've been having and the fact that my baby is measuring at 37 weeks! He'll be measuring at 42 weeks on that date!! Can we say BIG!! But... I have to allow this baby to do what he needs to do and I trust God I will be good either way. Niko only weighed 6lbs 4oz... Nathaniel is more than likely gonna be ready to start walking once he's born! ;) ;) At least that's how it feels! LOL! Yesterday we also registered for my room in the hospital and the doctor told me Niko would be able to visit me in the hospital! I am very excited about that.. like I said I know I'm going to miss my Niko when I'm away for those 48 hrs. The doctor said it's encouraged that Niko comes to see me in the hospital because at that age jealousy does set in and he needs to know, Nathaniel is also his baby. You can keep us in prayer for all that! I told lots of people that I would post more belly pictures... and I just have been so bad about doing it. Yesterday my Sister n law Kristen reminded me! So Kristen and for those of you out there curious on how I look now.. here you go!
Niko turns 22 months!!
I also wanted to let you all know Niko turned 22 months yesterday!!!! We know he's almost two because he's really trying to set it straight that it's his way and no other way! So Mikey and I have been working on showing him other ways to express his frustrations when he doesn't get his way. Of course it's challenging and all you want to do is yell and scream and cry with him when he's having a hard time, but all in all the tantrums haven't been all that bad....yet! LOL!
We are blessed with a boy who is very observant of his surroundings. He knows his colors now! Which I don't think I knew my colors until I was about three! He also is starting to count up to 5. If I say 1 he'll either repeat 1 or he'll say 2, if I say 3, he'll either repeat me or say 4. It's really neat seeing him learn. We are slowly fixing up his room and teaching him that he will be sharing his room with his younger brother. We put in his bookshelf and new changing station! He has been thrilled that Mikey and I have been spending time working and playing in his room with him. He loves company to play with him in his room! Here is a short video of his room, after Mommy and Niko cleaned it! He is so excited! Nathaniel will have his pack n play set up in that room after he's about 3 months old..
This 2nd video is a video of Niko and Grandpa Danny sweeping the backyard. My Dad loves cleaning, and will find a way to clean whatever he can whenever he can. His daughter Luana is the same way... and well Niko is not that way.. I don't know if he will be, but in this video he's sweeping and I'll remind him later how much fun he had doing it! ;)
Here are some pictures of Niko at this stage!















