Thursday, August 4, 2011

Contractions are real!

I'm 36 weeks as of yesterday and Nathaniel is measuring at full term! My days have been good and packed with watching Niko while Mikey works. I am enjoying my last days? weeks? one on one with my little man Niko. It has been fun but days where my contractions and cramps come it is challenging! Today I wasn't able to get up from the rocking chair because my cramps were intense to where my legs were sore. I felt like I just finished running a marathon. I went to the doctor today for my prenatal check up and everything is going well! My blood pressure is 110/60 I have gained 6 lbs since the past two weeks, so I am at 166 now! She did check if I was dilating because I have had contractions in which before today I thought were just braxon hicks.. because they are very inconsistent. Doctor said my contractions are real and I am dilating!! I am at 2cm maybe more.. but she didn't want to keep checking because that can cause me to go into labor now! lol! My c-section is set for August 25th but the doctor said I probably won't make it until then. She said labor can happen in 4 hours from now or 4 weeks from now! She did say though that she is available all this weekend and next week! My doctor is not going anywhere and I'm happy to know that if I go into labor she will be there ready as well! I am excited about Nathaniel coming! I am nervous though because I have to go under the knife yet again! You can pray for me that when labor comes Mikey and I will be in a place where he can take me to the hospital and to where our parents are able to be there to watch Niko. I know the Lord will take care of all those details but... well my mind thinks about all that. I see the doctor again in 1 week. That is of course I make it until then! My next blog may be a picture of Nathaniel! But who knows! He may wait to come later. All to say I am ready!

Before I end my post today I wanted to show you a video I took of Niko and Mikey swimming. Niko tried swimming once in a big pool but got scared right away. This time he seemed to enjoy a little more. He still isn't going in all the way and Mikey has to hold him, but it's his first steps being in a big peoples pool!