Just 20 months ago we met our little bundle of joy who for 39 weeks I carried during our first year of marriage. I know I always say this, but time truly flies. Mikey and I will be married 3 years in October, Niko will be 2 years old in September, Nathaniel will be home in August, and Mikey and I will both turn 30 in July! That childrens nursury song that says, " first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes luana with a baby carriage" has been very true for us and feels just as fast as singing the song. Niko has been such a joy in our lives we can't imagine going through our first years without him. At this age he loves attention! When Mikey gets home from work, he loves to play with Daddy but if Daddy and Mommy our talking and spending time together he's not happy and will do anything to get our attention back to him. At times it can get tiring and old, but for the most part it's adorable to know he likes our attention. I know this stage won't last long as he gets older. Niko still loves books! He loves for us to read him books and he loves to just look at his books. He's enthralled with trucks, Elmo, Dogs and the ball! Any book that has those things in it he loves! I notice when I go into his room he'll have like 4 or 5 books open to pictures of these things. If I close the book and put it away, he'll find another book, open it, and leave it on the page that has a picture he loves to see. I love how he is so observant of his surroundings and learns how to use his toys by watching others play with them first. He is very aware of the things we talk about it, and the things we do. For example how we react when we see somebody, talk on the phone, drop something or get upset. He also imitates EVERYTHING we do! It's scary to know the things Mikey and I do, will be instantly reflected by Niko. It's also showing us how to be careful and how to be good examples to him. When I drop something I automatically say "oops". I never knew I said that ALOT, and he now is saying that when he drops something. Mikey and I walk around virguoursly when we talk on the phone. I like to look outside when I talk also. Niko paces the floor and looks outside as he pretends to talk on his prentend phone! I guess I got in habit of clapping at the end of a show when the credits are going on, and now after every tv show, Niko will clap once the credits go on. He loves watching Sesame Street and points to the things he wants to know the name of. He knows alot more words than he can say, but he has amazed me with the things he can say. His new thing is getting our keys and saying, "key" then going to the door and trying to unlock it with his key. Just this week he started saying "nana" which means banana. He calls crackers, "crocks" , he calls his Mamaw, his Grandma, Elmo and his Mommy all "mama", or at least it sounds like mama. Juice and Shoes both sound like he is saying "jews". He says hi and bye very clear! He says lunch, "unch" and fish, "ish". He calls cars, buses and trucks, "crucks". He says "ouch" when he gets hurt but not really ;) Of course there are many other words that he says and it's so cute to hear him speaking in his little Niko voice. Climbing on things has been his new thing and going outside is his favorite time of the day. He treats all his stuffed animals like they're his baby and he holds them, rubs their back and kisses them. He did that today with his blanket aswell. I thought that was so cute! Godwilling he will be that loving with Nathaniel when he comes home. I have taken a few of videos of him and pictures. In one video Mikey is reading him a book. I personally love this video, because it really shows how enthusiastic Mikey gets when he's with Niko and how Niko just soaks it all up. I didnt get Mikeys permission to put this video on, I don't even think he knew I was taking it... well, if it stays on it means Mikey was ok with it ;) ;) Enjoy the videos and pictures of Niko at 20 months!
El Paso is so windy right now but I caught Niko in action playing outdoors with his sand bucket that I decided to put water in it for him... why did I put water in it? I'm not sure, but Niko had fun!
Niko was saying "bye" as he closed the door and "hi" as he opened it... I don't think this video captured him actualy saying that because I think he realized he was on video... he loves opening and closing doors now. If only being entertained was always this easy for us!
I apologize the videos were sideways... I need to remember to turn my phone when I'm taking videos. :)
Dear Niko,
Here are some pictures of you at this stage! I pray you grow up knowing the Lord knew exactly what He was doing when he made you. You are so handsome, adorable and we can't help but smile when we look at you. We thank our Lord for giving us such an amazing son! We are honored the Lord has allowed your Daddy and I to take care of you and be your parents. We are blessed with your life and promise to do our best to continue to raise you in HIS ways. We love you our Niko, my goo ;)



