Monday, May 16, 2011

Ascarte Park

Niko loves loves loves being outdoors.. the winds here in El Paso have been ruthless leaving us no choice but to have indoor activities.. This past Saturday Mikey and I decided to take Niko to one of El Paso's largest parks! It was windy but not bad.. :) Ascarte Park is huge and basically you can see Juarez, Mexico as you grill your burger. It has a huge man made lake where you can fish, sail or just go duck watching. Also there is a golf course, tons of picnic areas and about 4 or 5 playgrounds for the kids. It isn't as green because of our drought but for being in El Paso, it is nice! Mikey, Niko and I took our sandwiches, coolers with drinks and fruit and made a picnic on the park! We also walked 2 miles around the lake! I love walking! And since I'm 25 weeks pregnant walking has been my main activity! We took Niko in his wagon and he also played alot! It was such a fun day for us three, we can't wait to do it again! Maybe next time you can come with us too! :) :) Afterwards we went to Coldstones and shared a " Gotta have it" sized ice cream... I get 50% off since I'm preggo so it was awesome! Here are some pictures of our time this weekend. Enjoy!