Now that the boys are getting a little older, I have been trying to get more in touch with my artistic side. I never really liked art in school and the way to get out of art class or not take it was to join a music class, so I started playing the violin when I was 10 years old. I have never really been the creative type but I enjoy painting, decorating, coloring, writing, blogging, taking pictures... I just wasn't good at putting things together to make something beautiful.
Anyways, now that boys are older, I thought it would be fun to do some crafts or Art with them. They love to paint and color, especially if it's our hallway walls. Also Niko and Nathaniel's Mamaw gave me some craft materials that she used when Mikey and his brothers were young. So for the week of Valentines, I decided the boys and I were going to get creative and make Valentines for Daddy and their Grandparents! We had a blast!
Actually the first part of our week I was sick... I got some kind of stomach virus or bug... Monday I woke up throwing up. Yes I am pregnant and that is a popular pregnancy symptom but not for me. I don't throw up in my pregnancies at least not this much. I woke up with a very upset tummy and not able to really hold anything down. Mikey stayed home to help me with boys and take care of me. I was mainly weak from not eating and being pregnant and just in pain. Tuesday, I started feeling better but I was still having to be near the potty. Tuesday was the day we started our Valentines cards though..
I sat Niko and Nathaniel down, gave them their paint brush, gave them their wooden heart and a puddle of red paint on their paper so they can gently dab their paint brush and paint their heart..
They did so well... followed directions and painted, as if they had been painting all their life!
I had an urgency to run to the bathroom, since I was still sick due to the stomach virus I had, and I decided I would leave them to their painting.. As I was doing my potty business, I heard peaceful quiet sounds coming from our dining area. I imagined them, smiling, painting their hearts, and being the little peaceful dudes that I left them as... When I came back this is what I saw..
well... I wasn't able to take a picture because I was a little mortified at the sight I saw! Nathaniel had manged to get the red acrylic paint all over our brown table and the dinning room chair he was sitting on not to mention his hair.. and Niko decided painting himself would be more fun.
All to say... I cleaned it all up as if nothing happened and cleaned the boys up well to take some Valentine pictures for their Daddy! Here are the shots I got of them... My two adorable "messy making" boys
Happy Valentines Day!!!

