Friday, October 5, 2012

UPWARD SOCCER

We have decided to put Niko on a soccer league! He loves making new friends and playing! He loves learning new things! Even though Niko has quite an arm, we thought soccer would be fun for him this year! On Tuesday of this week we put on his shin guards that Anthony Maroquin gave him, put on his shoes and he was running around the house saying, "I run fast, Mommy"! Nathaniel kept looking at his own shins hoping he could also have shin guards. We took Niko to practice! His practices and games are all held at Sun Valley Baptist church/school. They do indoor soccer for the kids! This league is all about having fun! They bring the kids in a circle before every practice and game and after and pray thanking God for the ability to come together and play some soccer! I love that!! Niko was first placed in a group of 5-6 year olds. He did pretty well, following instructions, but the coach realize Niko was only 3 and they quickly moved him over to the 3 year old group! Niko had a blast! They asked if I didn't mind helping; kind of like an assistant coach. I grew up playing soccer so I quickly said yes! Niko and I both had a blast together Tuesday evening, while Daddy and Nathaniel watched us! :) Here are some pictures before we left to Niko's first practice. I tried taking pictures of him kicking the ball at practice but I kept getting the blur and somebody in the way. I'll try and take better ones later! 





Here is the website of UPWARD league! Check it out!