Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Updates on the Morse's now with two little guys!

I haven't had the chance to really update you on all that has been going on here.. so I'll try and make it quick so I can then show you all the pictures we've taken!

My doctor let me go home the day after my c-section! She said I was doing very well and I didn't need to be in the hospital anymore! My mom, Nathaniel and I had one night in the hospital where we learned Nathaniel was still trying to pass gas. We were awake for most the night with him, it was a great but tiring first night with my little man. I didn't sleep for two nights straight so I was exhausted. The next day was Friday and they discharged Nathaniel and I! My mother n law stayed over the night for the weekend to be my stay at home nurse and to help us out with Niko and house work. It was so helpful to have her here with us. She also was able to take my staples off! I'm staple free yay! Nathaniel has been so doing well here at home! He nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and sleeps alot! When he's awake he loves to just look around and admire everybody that he's around! He is such a joy to be around! Niko is also doing well! He loves his little brother so much! The night my parents and his Mamaw all left to go home he was sad. He is getting very attached to his grandparents because they have been taking care of him. When they left Sunday night he cried but when he realized Nathaniel was here to stay he was elated! He so helpful already with Nathaniel! He helps me burp him, and hands my his burping cloth. He loves to give Nathaniel kisses! We took them for a walk on Sunday evening and Niko loved to sit right next to Nathaniel. It was adorable! I'm not able to pick up Niko for a month so it's been hard for me, to not be able to just pick him up and hold him. We have a stool that Niko climbs on that helps him climb in to bed and into his changing station. He is such a big boy. I'll be doing that with him until I can pick him up again. Also for the mean time while I'm healing we are having our parents come over when they are able to, to help me with Niko and the house. Today my Dad is here with me. Niko is so happy!

Nathaniel weighed 7lbs 4 oz at birth and he lost 1 pound at his first weigh in check up. Doctor said he's doing great and looks great! He has a low level of jaundice that she said it's nothing to worry about. This week has been busy with appointment after appointment and visitors visiting our little guy. It's busy but it's good! We are so thankful to God for being with us through all these new changes. Mikey and I still feel like newly weds learning and growing together by trusting our Lord in raising these two little guys and learning how to love each other well. I am so blessed to have Mikey in my life to able to go through all these changes with me.

Prayer: Please pray for my recovery. Surgery is always tough, and having two little guys it's hard to do things when your body is lacking sleep and still in pain. Pray for Mikey and I to be able to trust and lean on our Lord when days get tough. Pray that our little guys will love each other and get along, especially when the attention might not always be on them.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, your love,  and your support! We love you all so much!

Here are some pictures of Nathaniel's first days here!