Monday, August 29, 2011

The count down for Niko's 2nd Birthday!!

I can't believe it's already the end of August! I really didn't think I was going to see the end of August carrying my little Nathaniel! But I made it, and through this month and the birth of our 2nd son I wasn't able to update you on what Niko is doing now at 23 months!

Our precious Niko is starting to talk alot! He isn't putting sentences together, I think the only sentence he says pretty clear is, "whats that"? or "oh no"! and he says it with an excited question and exclamation mark! It's so cute. I don't know if that's a sentence to tell you the truth, maybe I should know because I am a teacher and all! Niko talks pretty much all day long. He has his own language and when he we can't understand what he is saying he pretty much screams at us. He has a temper. When he doesn't get what he wants he screams and pounds his fist on walls and slams doors. Nathaniel doesn't seem to notice at all when Niko screams, I guess he got use to all that when he was in my belly! Niko is now recognizing some shapes, he still isn't as good with shapes as he is with colors, and he is also counting at least up to 4 correctly. He starting to like puzzles if you are doing it with him. Niko is the kind of  boy that loves to play with you. He doesn't really like playing alone.. but he will for a short time if he needs to. He also has been helping throw trash, clean tables, take the laundry out and pick up his toys! He is very helpful but you have to make it fun, pretty much make a party out of it for him to enjoy it to. When Nathaniel was born it seemed as though he grew up real fast! He seems so much bigger than he really is and sometimes I feel I treat him as if he should be older and understand everything I am saying. I have to keep reminding myself he isn't even two yet!! His favorite all time show KIPPER the Dog. He can watch Kipper all day long if it was for him. The show is so old that it only has a handful of episodes and we have watched all of them about 100 times. I'm really doing my best to not allow him to watch too much TV/Kipper but at times especially right now that I am recovering it has been a blessing. It totally entertains him while I'm nursing Nathaniel or am having to do anything where I can't give Niko full attention. I can't wait till I'm fully recovered and the days aren't blistering hot so we can go outside! I can't wait to run again!! It's almost September and with the hype of Nathaniel's birth we still haven't talked about a kind of birthday party we're going to have for Niko. We have talked about how we can't wait to buy him a bike of some sort. Every time we go out shopping and there are bikes in the store, Niko is always drawn to them. Niko is showing us how much he loves Nathaniel everyday! He gets so excited to see him in the morning and can't wait to help me put him in his swing. I love how enthusiastic he is about helping me with him and to see how much he does really love him. It is an answer to prayer!

Here are some pictures of Niko at this stage: