Now that I am in my last stages of pregnancy, this month has felt very much like that.. In the later part of my pregnancy my doctor mentioned how Nathaniel was measuring big. He was about 2 to 3 weeks bigger in measurement then what my days were showing. Then last week (Week 36) She told me I was dilating and I had dilated at 2 cm, she called it Early Labor. Well I've been in Early Labor for a week now. This Wednesday I saw my doctor again and she said Nathaniel has dropped and is now measuring 36 weeks! WHAT?! He is smaller than what my week is! I am now at week 37. She said she couldn't quite tell how far I've dilated now because his head is in the way.. and she would have to wait till next week to check. When she told me that I felt like "the gun went off and then the whistle was blown" How could I be so close to delivering and then maybe have to wait another week! Part of me wishes I never really expected to deliver sooner or told I could deliver sooner than my due date because now it just feels like pregnancy in slow motion. I want what is obviously best for Nathaniel. I'm so blessed that this pregnancy has been so healthy and he is doing so well. He shouldn't be a big baby, that was what I was picturing this whole time.
He should be about the size of what Niko was maybe bigger! A little bigger... ? maybe..
My doctor still doesn't think I'll make it to August 25th because I am dilating and have started the Early Labor but in my mind I'm telling myself I'm okay to wait till then! My contractions are powerful and the cramps well they are intense... but they are inconsistent and not enough to make me go running to the hospital. Until then Mikey, Niko and I are preparing everyday and are so super excited for our new baby!
We'll continue to keep you posted on our journey to meeting Nathaniel...

