Monday, April 11, 2011

MUD

Our watering days are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Mikey and I have a backyard that pretty much could be a postcard for El Paso landscape. We have plants that grow very well in our El Paso dessert for example; Evergreens ( they are always green even if you don't water them all that much), Oleanders, Cannas, or canons (that's what my Dad calls them) a peach tree, and lots and lots of dirt. Eventually Mikey and I are going to plant grass, Mikey would like to make Niko a sandbox and little by little we will be maybe extending our pourch. These are all projects we would like to do for our backyard. For now it is what it is, and we love it, so does Niko :)

Friday, I went out to water our plants and usually Niko doesn't like to get near the water hose because well he will get wet. This Friday I kept an eye out for him as he was picking up rocks and tossing them around while I was watering. I definitely knew he wasn't going to get near the already watered areas because well he never has before. Never say never or even think never when it comes down to toddlers! I turned away from Niko for nearly 30 seconds and he was splashing, and stomping around in a mud puddle! He kept saying "whooooo, whooooo" which in baby that means "yay! COOOL!" I noticed he was having a blast and decided it would be ok for him to play. It was no use taking his shoes or clothes off right away, they were already muddy.



Then he decided to sit in the mud and grab the mud and throw the mud! He kept looking at my reaction to see if it was ok still, and I couldn't help but laugh and smile at him! He looked so cute!




I thought about joining him, and when Daddy got home which was in 10 minutes he could join us too, or just shake his head and laugh. I decided I was just going to leave that a thought and allow Niko to enjoy this time! I wasn't able to capture this moment on film or even take pictures but I know this will not be the last time Niko will do this, so next time I promise to be more prepared to take a picture of him in the mud!