In the mornings after I put Niko down for a nap, I sit on my couch and pray.. As a new wife and a new mommy I find myself praying a lot. I often times find myself day dreaming a lot about our family, what the future holds and what is happening in the now. This week we found out we are having another boy, and after we found out I couldn't stop thinking and I can't stop thinking about how our home is going to be now with another little man running around. "Will Mikey and I be prepared to raise two boys?, Will our boys be close or will they fight a lot?, Will Niko be jealous of the attention I need to give Nathaniel? , Will I love Nathaniel the way I love Niko?, and so many more questions that come to mind. With all these questions that seem to come to mind, I have this huge sense of excitement and peace that just surrounds me in knowing Our Lord is in control and these boys are His boys that He is allowing Mikey and I to raise.
I'm reading this book called "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets Them Free".
So far it has been an easy read and something I have enjoyed reading. Nancy Leigh DeMoss talks much about the lies we as women believe about ourselves, our role as wives and mommy's, and much more. The lies that we allow to endwell in our hearts and minds that later we believe them to be truths about who we truly are. I believe our Lord has designed us in a very special and beautiful way but because of our sinful nature we have chosen to not believe all that He has made us to be.
I think about the world now and how it is changing.. the youth of this generation are exposed to so much at a young age and we as adults wonder why our world is the way it is. Instead of being parents, we've chosen to allow our children to run the house so they will remain our friends. We are afraid to loose that friendship with our children so I notice many parents take the back seat and allow the children to drive having the children loose complete respect for thier parents. I believe the Lord has appointed parents to BE parents and raise thier children up in His ways. I see the lack of respect youngsters have for thier leaders, teachers, presidents and preachers. Is it all the parents fault? I don't believe it is, but I do believe parents have a huge influence on how thier children act and behave.
I see how our role as parents have a huge impact and if we are not practicing what we are preaching, our children basically don't care. One lie we as parents believe is; " Children need to get exposed to the real world so that they can learn to function in it" The truth is, "Our task is not to raise up children who can fit into this world or merely survive it but to bring up children who will be used by God to change our world." A verse that explains this well is the book of Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
I'm learning that if I expose my children to the "world" they will desire and want the things of this world and what this world has to offer. God has given us life and I desire that my children are exposed to the things of God, so that they will grow a hunger for Him and all the things He has to offer for them and for us as a family. Mikey and I are new parents and are growing more and more in love with our Lord as He brings us closer and closer together as husband and wife. We desire to grow our boys in the ways of our Lord. We are thankful for our parents teaching us the ways of our Lord and we desire to continue passing these teachings to our children and so they can pass them to their children and so on and so on.
My prayer this morning went something like this, " Dear my Lord, Thank you for making me your child because of my faith in Christ and for the way you care for me, meet my needs and work to bring me to spiritual maturity. Thank You for the love you have for children, help me love them as you do. Thank you for designing me as a woman to be a bearer and nurturer of life. Please show me how to fulfill my calling as a mother. Help me to faithfully nurture those you have entrusted in my care. May my life create in the next generation a hunger and thirst for righteousness and a longing to be like thier heavenly Father. In Jesus' name. Amen."
I pray this prayer for all the mommys out there.. we are so blessed to be mommys and my hope and desire is that for not one moment do I ever take advantage of this blessing.
