Saturday, April 24, 2010

Swaddling



My first weeks at home were great! Especially when I was sleeping or eating :) I slept in my bassinet in my parents room till I was 3 months old. Then I moved to my bedroom in my big boy crib :) My parents brought me home from the hospital and tried swaddling me but I figured out ways to get my hands out and I'd scream because I didn't like being tied down like that! My parents decided to not swaddle me and just rock me to sleep.. that worked, until I heard the smallest of the sounds and I'd wake up! :) :) Mamaw Brenda and Grandma Susie always told mommy and daddy to swaddle me because I would like it. Little did my parents know my Grandmas were right ;) Daddy decided to start swaddling me every night and my parents both decided they were not going to rock me to sleep. They would only rock me a little to get me sleepy, then put me down when I was already swaddled and I'd fall asleep! My parents said I slept through every sound and I even starting sleeping through the night at 6 weeks! I went down at 9pm and woke up at 3am! As I got older of course I would sleep past 3 am. My parents said when I turned 3 months I was sleeping for 11 hours at night and taking 4 to 5 1 hour to 2 hour naps every day! Sleeping was what I did and sleeping helped me grow a bunch! At least that is what mommy and daddy say :)