For
Homeschool or should I say Summer School, we have been reading a novel named
Gooney Bird Green. This novel is about a young girl who is from China and comes to America to do school here. She tells the whole class her story of her life; how she got her name and all the adventures her family went through getting to America. I decided to have the boys write their own story. Gooney Bird's story was partial true and partial make believe and so I gave the boys a choice if they wanted to write a true story or if they wanted to create make believe characters. They both chose make believe characters. I took pictures of their book so we can read it that way. We had tons of fun and laughed a lot with the funny things they made it up!
I love being your teacher boys, you show me new things you are learning and you also are so interesting, funny and creative in the way you think at this age. I loved making these books with you.
Love you, Mommy
NIKO'S BOOK
BATMAN
Nathan's Book
Nacho Fight