Wednesday, September 16, 2015

School has begun...

Summer time was filled with long sunny days going to the park, playdates, spending time with family, traveling, and getting to know our home and all the different noises. We had some great times on our trip to California! The kids first time at the beach! Nathaniel was afraid of going to the beach; he thought the sharks were going to eat him! Its crazy how things we've never experience can bring a fear to us almost forcing us to not even attempt trying. He ended up loving the beach and Mikey and I were so glad he overcame his fear!


The kids are growing up and their personalities are starting to shine even more! Niko will be 6 years old in 6 days and is now in First Grade! I still can't believe that 6 years ago I had only visions and expectations of what being a mommy would look like! Sometimes expectations can lead us to feelings of failure especially if they were unmet. The Lord gave us Niko, Nathaniel and Abby to love them, care for them and teach them in His ways... All He asks for us is faith in Him. In Him we can love them, care for them and teach them. I am seeing now that my expectations on being a mommy were all about me, and what I was going to do... if I didn't follow through with those expectations I would see myself as a failure. The truth is that without Christ I don't have the strength or wisdom to be the mommy these kiddos need. Abiding in my Lord has given me strength and joy, unexplainable joy.


Nathaniel turned 4, in August and is in Kinder. He already knows how to write his name and all his letters and numbers. His handwriting is so precise. He loves to draw pictures and tell stories about them. He has such an imagination! He is one amazing little man! Niko just loves spending time with him. They play and dress up into super hero's and act out scenarios. Its super fun to just sit and watch them play. They have a deep brother love for Abby; although they don't play with her all that much they show concern when she is unhappy and try their best to share when she's grabbing and messing up their toys. You guys are so young still but already I see your heart and how you love each other. My heart is filled with joy because of you.


Home school has started in full swing here! I don't know if I've expressed my joy in doing home school but I really really love it! We start at 7:30am and end about 11am. Niko is readng!! He started reading this summer! He also is writing sentences and learning number order, greater and less than.. We have been learning about other countries and praying for those in other areas. The kids are really into the novel; Charlotte's Web and love hearing stories about missionaries in other lands. Our outside PE time is about 45min of jump rope, running, climbing, hanging on monkey bars and riding bikes! I also exercise with them which helps me be able to keep up with these kiddos daily!


and when Daddy comes home they still have extra energy for him too!!


Here's to a new school year of exciting adventures with these little ones!