Friday, March 6, 2015

Abby is 21 months!!!

This past month Mikey had a tonsillectomy and he was home with us for two weeks pretty much bed ridden.  I have never seen him experience so much pain; it was tough, but we enjoyed having him home with us!  The tables were turned and yet those weeks were challenging for me, I had so much joy in being able to care for the one who loves me and the kiddos so much and provides for us! At the end of the challenging two weeks of Mikey and I eating soft meals.... we enjoyed a movie night with the kids and ate pizza, brownies and popcorn! We watched THE AVENGERS with our little super heroes!


In this picture you may notice our walls are pretty bare.... we started the year off by putting our home on the market. After we found out I was pregnant with our 4th baby, we felt the Lord really calling us to move and find a house with more space. (If  you haven't been keeping up with us, we lost our baby at the end of January. Our year started off bumpy but the Lord's peace has encompassed us.) We still went ahead and continued leaving our home on the market. We feel so excited to move into a home with more space for our growing family.  We are now in the official process of selling our home and we have found a really nice house that gripped our hearts and we have fallen in love with it! We are now in the process of buying it! It isn't ours yet but we pray and hope that it will be soon!
Here is a picture of it! More on our move will be coming soon!



Abby is now 21 months old!! Our baby girl is growing up! Abby is very observant of her surroundings. She doesn't talk much but she observes everything and learns through observing us. She has learned where all the dishes go, and I'll see her trying to help me put dishes away and going to the exact location where the dish is supposed to be. She has observed where all our school supplies are and will grab paper and crayons so she can color. She loves music! She loves to sing along with her own (Abby language) and she has great melody! I think between Nathaniel and Abby; they both may be the most musically inclined in our family. I caught Abby the other day trying to drink water from our refrigerator! It was adorable and I had to film it! Here is the video!


Since Niko is now in the age where Mikey and I have decided he is able to start bathing himself, of course with parental guidance; we have allowed him to bath alone or only with Nathan. He is also very good about showing Nathaniel how to bath himself and I've observed how patient Niko can be with Nathan when he teaches him new skills! Niko has truly become a big loving brother and finds joy in being helpful and teaching his younger siblings. They both look up to him!

 Niko, you are such a gentle loving and patient teacher! Thank you for already showing us how you can help Mommy with Nathaniel and Abby.

So Abby and Nathaniel are taking more baths together now and Nathaniel is now given the opportunity to show Abby some new skills he is learning; like pouring water on his head in the bath... now Abby does that all by herself! So proud of all my little ones! The Lord shows me daily that He is with me and He is the one developing and growing our little loves!