Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Letter "K" and more Home-school news!

My favorite part of my whole day being a stay at home mom is homeschooling my kiddos! I'm not only saying this because it sounds right and it's on this blog so everyone can see what an awesome mom I am, but it's the truth! I LOVE Home school time!! I love teaching and I absolutely LOVE teaching my own young ones! My kiddos look forward to this time also! They realize that Mommy is going to put down the broom/mop, dish soap, phone, or coffee cup to give them undivided attention! Kids love your time! You can buy kids all kinds of toys and stuff!! But that doesn't win their heart as much as if you would just SPEND TIME WITH THEM! And Kids grow fast! Once they turn another year older, you will never regain that year again! I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty. If you are still on this planet and alive, that means GOD is not through with you! You still can make a difference in a child's life! It can be your own, it can be your grand child, your great-grand child, your niece your nephew, your cousin, your friends kids, your neighborhood kids... I think I'm making my point clear. It's never too late to make a difference in a child's life! :)

Our school routine looks something like this so far:
A Video of Letters "Super Why", "Numbers", ASL- American Sign Language
Day of the Week -- through song
Bible Verse of the Week- through made up hand motions so they can memorize it and store in their heart
Calendar Cross out- We cross the day out that we are on today
Letter of The Week- We find all the things that start with that Letter and we sound it out through song
We do the ABC's and Go Over numbers
We Go over SIGHT Words- These words are hard to sound out, and don't follow the English rules, Niko is learning them through SIGHT
We do SHAPES and COLORS for Nathaniel
Pre-writing skills- Trace and Write the Letter of the Week
Craft time
Song time- Go over Months in song, do some church songs Glorifying Jesus Christ, Counting Songs
 Go over Creation Story in Genesis in our Abecka Book
Lego time or Playdough, or Fit your Egg with Proper shape
Read a Bible story and help them learn how we can apply it

During our Bible time, I am teaching the kiddos the Creation story. They are learning that God made everything including themselves. They also are learning that God made Adam and Eve and they were perfect and happy. They are learning that God gave them specific instructions to not eat out of the tree of life. Satan deceived Eve and they ate of the tree. Because of their disobedience towards God, sin came into the world. They were sad for the first time, ashamed and scared. I am teaching the boys that God has given us all a FREE-WILL. We have a choice everyday to listen to God or not. If we choose to not listen to God, that is disobeying and either we can get hurt or we can hurt others. It makes others sad and we get in trouble. We have a choice to obey!

As a side note, I am teaching our children that GOD LOVES US!! Not just US but EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD!
For us adults reading this post: 
 He loves the baby that is born in a far away poor country to the baby born in a different country from a rich and wealthy family! He loves EVERYONE! Because He loves us, He sent Jesus to save us from our sin. He loves us even when we've done bad. He is God and will not force anyone to love HIM! He wants our TRUE LOVE in return! So we have a choice; either to choose Christ or not. God created us for HIM, but because sin came into the world, we lost our connection with God. He sent Christ down so that we may choose HIM and have eternal life. Those who don't choose Christ, don't have a connection with Christ. He is giving this opportunity to EVERYONE. The BIBLE is clear He desires NO ONE to Perish but have ETERNAL LIFE.  Christ is the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the FATHER except through HIM. (John 14:6) God is so beautiful! Amen!

BLESSED!!
I am blessed because as I teach our kiddos the truths of our Amazing God, I am learning more and more how Amazing our God really is! So I am learning right along with my little guys!

Ok as you can see this subject is very close to my heart! As I get older my love for Christ grows and I desire the whole world to embrace HIM! It's not only a truth for me, but it's a truth for you too! And there isn't such thing as two truths (1+1= 2 Truth! 1+1=3 TRUTH! Nope!), there is only one true God and it's Christ! He loves you! Do you love HIM?

As I leave you with that question here are some pictures of our boys doing school! Also cute pictures of the Kiddos together,  and at the end you'll see a video of Nathaniel hanging on the monkey bars for the first time alone!




J is for Jelly-Fish









Time to comb our hair!

Brother time!


Nathaniel took a nap with his Bible :)


Fun times with Friends



K is for Kite




MAKE THE EGG FIT THE SHAPE
(Thank you Tia Delia for these eggs :)



Our Little HomeSchool




Nathaniel's first time hanging on monkey bars