Friday, June 28, 2013

Abby is 1 month old!




Abby is ready for Summer even if her hat is a little big :)


Abby has been our little moon light! She nurses all day and all night! Actually some days it varies... She'll nurse every 2 1/2 hours in the day and at night she'll sleep for about 4 hours straight than she nurses every 2 1/2 hours after that. If I don't go to bed when she does, I won't get my 4 hour stretch... and lately she has been going to bed at 8 with the boys and waking up every 2 hours after midnight.  Unfortunately Abby also has some colicy symptoms so that'll keep her awake during the day and night. I am blessed to have Mikey helping me out in the middle of the night rocking her so I can get a little more sleep before she has to nurse again.

Even though we feel a little exhausted and delirious from the lack of sleep,  we all feel so very blessed with our beautiful Abby! Her hair is dark brown and stands up after she bathes, it looks like a little mohawk! Her eyes are blue and she has beautiful long lashes curled like she worked for hours putting on mascara and curling them. Her skin is tanned, I think she is darker than me and I'm a little tanned already :) Her face is filling out and her cheeks are getting chubby like Niko's when he was a baby. She is such a beautiful baby and we can't take our eyes off of her!!!

Here is a picture of Abby and I .. Everyone says she looks like me.. I'm on the left. What do you think?

 She is starting to recognize all our voices and looks to see where we are. She knows when it's Nathaniel kissing her because he usually leaves her wet ones on her face.



Do these two look related? :) 
 
Nathaniel is probably the one who gives her the most kisses! Niko is very good at telling her she is pretty and he just stares at her and smiles at her. He always tells me she is cute! I can tell Niko is already growing a heart of protection for his baby sister Abby. These boys are in love with their baby sister! Abby has some awesome big brothers who love her so much!




even if they are a little crazy hyper!

Niko pinned Nathaniel down in this picture and then kissed him! Great move Niko!


Abby is 1 month old, Summer is here and it's over 100 degrees here in El Paso! The boys love to play outside but since it's soooo HOT, I try and put the sprinkler on for them every time they go out. We even made a home made water slide! It kept them busy and cool!


We also celebrated Grammy's 80th Birthday this month!!  




I'm looking forward to more Summer fun and especially to taking the kiddos out on a road run when I'm able to run again!