Friday, June 22, 2012

Niko wants "womans"

Many of you that read this title probably think, "well of course Niko wants womans, what guy doesn't"?  ;) And many of you that read this title are probably saying "really Luana"? haha! Well before you start judging, here is the story.

I call limes (little round green, sour ball things) "lemons".  And it's all because in Spanish they are called "limon" . Even though Mikey, my husband who is very good with words might I add, ALWAYS tries to correct me. Mainly because in his mind a lemon is yellow not green... weird huh?? Guys, they're soooo weird!! ;) :P jk! Okay moving forward with the story! On my quest to teaching Niko the appropriate words, I, being human and all, make lots of mistakes! I was eating a lime, cuz that's what I do sometimes, just eat limes; and Niko comes over and says to me, "I want womans". I look at him, and at first I have no idea what he just said. Then I realize he is saying he wants lemons. Great! I should really get the Mommy award for " A Mommy, who not only teaches her toddler that eating LIMES are good for you and your teeth, but also teaching her toddler that Limes are not called Limes, they are called Lemons".

Niko has been talking so much more! When Mikey was out of town, one phrase he started saying was " I JOE WANJ JOE". I am not sure who Joe is but poor guy, Niko really doesn't want you! :) No, what he really is saying is, " I don't want to". Great! He not only says "NO"! He says, " I JOE WANJ JOE"! It's cute and even though it is a negative phrase, I think it's absolutely adorable!

Niko also started calling me "Sweetie". It was right after Mikey left to Atlanta, he just out of the blue started saying stuff like, "Hi, Sweetie" or "I hungry, Sweetie"! Once again, ADORABLE!

This is kinda private but it is MY BLOG and I can say whatever I want!! ;D (a little blunt sorry, its cuz my coffee went cold) Anyways, most couples, I am assuming do this.. "love pats"? See, occasionally I get a love pat on my bottom from Mikey. It is okay and loving because it is from my husband. (Just putting that out there) Well Niko.... :) has decided that it is "loving", to spank my bottom anytime he wants. He usually spanks me when he is super excited about a meal, I am making for him. Then he gives me this huge Niko smile, that I can't scold his action for. It's tough being a Mom! I am sorry if Niko spanks you, just know he loves you and is probably very excited to see you! And yes, I am one of those moms! (whatever that means)

I am sure I'll think of more Niko stories for you, and if I don't, I am sure Niko will continue just being adorable little Niko, so I can write more adorable stories about him!

Here are some pictures of Niko having summer fun!














NATHANIEL IS 10 MONTHS OLD!!!!!!!!!!


Our little Nathan-Baboon is 10 months old! Everyone that sees him thinks he looks part surfer-dude. He has 4 teeth, two on top and two on bottom! His eyes are still blue! I am hoping they stay blue, but if they don't it's okay too :) He has long blonde hair! Yes, he is my child! Nathaniel at this stage is waving "hi". He is trying his very best to say "hi" as he waves. Right now it just sounds like "heee"! Also he walks holding on to everything, even the wall. Kinda like spider man, only he is not standing on the wall. (thank God!) He grinds the little 4 teeth that he has. It sounds like he is chewing on pebbles! The sad thing is that we all grind our teeth. I do it mainly while I am sleeping. He is aggressive! He is persistent! He loves to play chase, especially on our bed. He crawls to the edge and if you jump to grab him, he'll just laugh at you. He imitates Niko doing just about everything. He'll slam his hands on the floor and try saying "stop"! But it sounds like "DAH"! Of course he might not be saying, "stop", he maybe saying something else like, "TACOS", but it sounds like "DAH"! Anyways, he talks baby talk, and it is super adorable to see Niko and him play.... especially when they are playing NICE :D He started climbing Grandma and Grandpa's stairs! The video should be below this post! He is growing and growing so much! He'll be getting his first haircut when he turns 1!

Here are some pictures of Nathaniel at 10 months old!