Mikey titled his album "The adventures in growing up". This past weekend was our long weekend together! Mikey had a 3 day weekend because of Memorial Day and all we did was simply spend time together, us 4! I personally love just spending with us 4. It is one my favorite things to do. I love that even though I live in a house full of guys, I can walk around in my pj's and feel so loved, adored, comfortable and beautiful. I love my family! I am blessed with my three amazing guys!
Niko is starting to get older and more active! He is trying new things and testing our limits.. Sometimes I truly believe we forget he is still only two years old. Mikey reminds me that even though Niko acts like he wants to get in trouble, he really isn't wanting to hurt our feelings or hurt us in general. It's simply his age and he's learning what he is capable of doing and not doing. I remind Niko often that Jesus loves us all. That Jesus helps us when we're upset or hurt. He is our comfort. I pray often that I can be a good witness to my boys when I'm having hard days. That I don't run to the arms of anything else first but Jesus. He is truly our Comfort, and our Healer. To not get too much off the subject; I've always had a heart for mentoring and counseling. I love to sit and talk to people, my heart hurts to see others hurt and all of me wants to fix them. Many people go into the field of psychology and psychiatry and become doctors because they have a heart for people in that kind of level. I think we as world our blessed with people like that, and I also know that if all these people would truly believe that Jesus Christ heals and comforts; their advice and counseling would not only reveal to others what steps they need to take next, but these hurting people and patients would find true healing. Not because of the doctors but because of Jesus Christ. Do you believe that? I've seen the hand of God in my own life, so I'm not only talking out of what I hear my friends talk about or what church tells me, but I'm talking about what I have experienced. I believe if we as a nation and people would open our eyes and hearts to the truth (God's Word) we can be healed, because Jesus saves. We have to be willing to allow Him to do that mighty work in our lives. I pray that you would allow it. :) I pray also that I can be a Mommy to Niko and Nathaniel that doesn't display a wannabe "perfect" person around my boys but a person who daily has to rely on Jesus Christ strength to continue my everyday doings. Will you pray with me? :)
On Sunday of this past weekend we took almost a 3 mile walk together. It was a Sunday morning so beautiful! The last part of our walk Niko decided he wanted to run with Mommy. He is still learning how to run and pick his feet up when he does. Right now he looks like he's dancing salsa when he runs, it's so funny and adorable! Anyways, he didn't pick up his feet high enough and fell, skinned his knee and it bled! It's hard seeing my baby boy's blood, so I had Daddy clean it up and make it all better :) I know if Daddy wasn't there I would have to cry it out with them while I'm fixing them up! :) Niko doesn't like band-aids at all, so he didn't wear it, and walked around all day like his leg was broken :( Poor guy! He is all better now!
Later that day we had our neighborhood kiddos over to our house for a bit to play with Niko. Niko loves playing with other kids so he was thrilled! They played alot and had a blast! I don't have pictures sorry! As the older girl climbed the monkey bars, Niko followed her up and his foot slipped on the ladder making him fall on his head! I don't think he hit his head on the edge of the sandbox border but he sure did cry and scare us! He was okay! Thank God!!
On Tuesday, Niko was playing with Daddy's quarter, he was rolling it, and holding it the whole day. I didn't even think it would be a dangerous item for him to play with. I told him what a quarter was and that it was mainly good to use in the store to buy things. Right before Daddy got home, Niko decided to put the quarter near the outlet where we had our security plug already in. He basically completed the circuit, shocking himself (because he cried), made sparks, burned the outlet and the quarter and our lights went out! Ah! It was nuts! Niko was okay and so were we! Thank God!
Even though we had such an amazing relaxing weekend it was also full of excitement! And I believe the best of these adventures are yet to come.......





