Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Niko learns about the Candle

Niko is in a stage where he gets a book, flips through it and points at things he knows and names them, or he points at things he doesn't know and says, "what's that"? Today I decided I was going to make a learning experience out of it for him. I always learn better by doing "hands on" things... and I figure he may enjoy it as well. He pulled out this book called " I Count My Blessings 1-10" he loves this book! He pointed at a picture of a fireplace and asked "what's that"? pointing at the candle on top.


I told him it was a candle on top and he repeated by saying "handle" (sorry the picture is sideways) Anyways I went on explaining that candles are hot and you can light them to see in the dark or make your home smell good and stuff like that. Then I went and showed him a live candle from our home. I'm not very good at lighting matches so that was an adventure for him already seeing me do that. Once I had the candle lit, he treated it at first like it was a plague, then he kind of wanted to get closer to it. I have some videos showing what Niko did with the candle. He eventually blew it out by himself but of course I didn't catch that on video and he wouldn't do it again for the camera :/ but all to say the videos are cute of Niko and the Candle!


This one is of Niko bringing his little buddy along to see if maybe his little buddy would just blow the candle for him :)