We can't believe how fast time truly flies when having kids but it's true! My pregnancy this time around has been so much faster and lots more active! Its been full of exciting times and when Niko is finally taking a nap and I finally get around to sitting down and eating and maybe taking a nap, he's up from his nap and ready to be as active all over again! Whew! My days are fun, yes very tiring, but I wouldn't trade these days for anything else! Niko looks forward to Daddy comming home. He knows that Daddy comes home around the same time every day and he'll look out the window for him. It's so interesting to see him watch all the cars go by waiting to see if Daddy's car is next. We took Niko to the doctor this week and waited for about 2 hours. Niko wasn't able to go see Dr. Rich when he turned 15 months so his 18th month check up was long and painful, for all of us. He got 4 shots, 2 in each leg. OUCH! We had a very upset and tired Niko with us. Let's go back though.. they weighed him in at 23lbs, and he is 31 inches tall! The doctor said he looks healthy and he's doing well! He seems to be right at the level he needs to be as an 18th month old boy. We are so thankful Niko is growing and developing at a rate he needs to be! After the doctor we went to church but first stopped by to see his Grammy and Papa. He did so well after he had four shots, and at church he was doing well until about 8pm he fell asleep on the nursery workers arms. When he woke up he had stiff legs and was warm. The next two days after that he has been walking better, but still a little stiff. He also has off and on fever which we think could also be because he is teething. We have just noticed that after taking him to the doctor he hasn't quite been himself yet.
On a lighter note though, Niko has been doing lots of learning! I am so suprised at how much he retains when I'm talking to him and teaching him words. He know many of his own body parts and points to them when I ask him where it is at. For example he knows where his belly, mouth, nose, hair, head, ears, hands, feet, and pee pee are ;) He also knows to get his shoes when we go outside, he knows to close the door, any door when I ask him too. He knows to put things in the trash that are trash when I ask him. He points to his diaper when he has poopie. He says juice when he wants something other than milk, but still calls his milk "wa wa" He calls "trucks" "crucks" and says "cars" He does not like garbage trucks, he pretty much cries every Friday when the garbage tuck comes to our house. I don't blame him though, those trucks are big and scary. He is on a routine and loves it! He takes two naps a day that are usually 2 hours long and sleeps from 8pm to 7am everyday unless we are out late. He loves bath time, he calls it "bat.. hs" He loves ducks and makes a quack sound and loves loves loves "doggys" and makes a bark sound pretty good. He loves rolling around his cars, he is starting to like legos more too. He has this thing with holding a highlighter now too. I think it's because I started high-lighting words in this book I was reading and now he feels he needs to hold a highlighter too. We notice also that when we give Niko something he doesn't really like eating he'll scatter it around his tray, and hide it in this little hole in his tray, I think to look like he's eaten some. He's so funny! The doctor did say at this age we are going to be begging him to eat. I haven't really begged him too much yet, because he loves breakfast and for lunch his favorite right now is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The doctor mentioned that Niko seemed to be very tender hearted, with a very gentle spirit. He is a very kind boy and we are so blessed with him. Today as we were walking around the store he noticed to young boys watching a tv show, and he went up to them and said "hi". That is Niko's newest thing is he says "hi" when he sees somebody he recognizes or if he's just in the mood to be social! Everyday we are noticing Niko growing and developing into a healthy young boy. We are excited to give him a little brother or sister to play with!